why am I here?

I'm a dad of 3, a husband, a son, a brother, a friend, a co-worker, a mate, that guy and many other names. Just like every other dad.

I wont be telling you my name, or where I live, or who I know. That's not what this blog is about.
This blog is about every dad who does his best to provide for his family, working most of the day, making sure he spends some time with the kids, some time with his partner (a wife in this case), squeezes in a little bit of time for himself, and then manages to sleep for a handful of hours.

I know I'm not alone, I've spoken to many other dads who live my life. We all live this life in one way or another.

This blog is to show everyone that they aren't alone.

This blog is to show we all go through the same stuff.

This blog is for me to get the stuff out of my head that lives in there, that I cant voice because I have to be strong, dependable, the rock that my family depends on. Like many dads, I don't feel like I can show weakness, I don't feel like I feel heard, I don't feel appreciated.

I wont necessarily post regularly, nor with any real coherence. Things will happen and I will want to write them down. Some times it will be a good day, often it wont. It will be the little things that make me go ...wtf?

Why did my kid do that? What was my wife thinking? What did I expect was going to happen?

I need to be very clear though, I love my wife and kids more than anything. They can frustrate and annoy me, but I love them all dearly anyway.

I'm not after sympathy, that doesn't help me. I just needed somewhere I could empty my head out occasionally, and hopefully a few other like minded dads out there would hear my thoughts and think, you know, I get it.

I welcome anyone to reach out to me (assuming anyone ever reads this)

Comments

Popular Posts