100 days of code day 38

 Today I completed day 38 of my course. This was a special day because it was the first without a walk through.

The task consisted of using 2 APIs, one to use nutritionix API to use AI to determine the amount of calories burned from a simple sentence (like "I ran 20km")

The second part was to take parts of that response and push them to a google sheet using sheety

The task itself wasnt overly complicated.

I created my accounts and added my details to my .env file.

I couldnt get it to work. I ran my script over and over again (for about an hour). I checked and rechecked all my information. After many efforts and retries, I realised I had forgotten to run load_dotenv()

I felt like an idiot, but I moved forward.

I later had further troubles as I didnt know that tokens and secret keys couldnt contain spaces, so that was a good learning for me.

Outside of the course, I moved my flask site over to heroku (https://falzon-folio.herokuapp.com) which i plan to do some more work on.

It also includes my first machine learning model as an api end point (not documented as yet, but im working on that.

Comments

Popular Posts